Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract Oral history interview with Mary Ellen Gabias collected by Anna Kresmer on September 18, 2015, in the Recording Studio at the National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute.
Abstract Oral History interview with Mary Ellen Jernigan, conducted by Julie McGinnity on June 21st, 2016, in the Recording Studio at the National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute.
Abstract Oral history interview with Tom Bickford collected by Ed Morman on August 31, 2011, in the Recording Studio at the National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute.
Abstract Correspondence, manuscripts, publications, teaching materials, research materials, and case files pertaining to the writings, advocacy work, and academic career of Dr. Jacobus tenBroek, founder and president of the National Federation of the Blind (NFB), president of the International Federation of the Blind (IFB) and the American Brotherhood for the Blind, member and chairman of the California State Social Welfare Board, legal scholar, university professor, and civil and constitutional rights...
Abstract Correspondence in print and Braille, news clippings, printed matter, photographs, scrapbooks, and magnetic tape audio recordings related to the personal and professional life of Kenneth Jernigan, president of the National Federation of the Blind, director of the Iowa Commission for the Blind (ICB), executive director of the American Brotherhood for the Blind, teacher, administrator, and advocate for the blind. The collection also documents his interactions as director of the ICB with the...
Abstract Correspondence, publications, drafts, administrative files, case files, news clippings, legislative files, core documents, reference materials, speeches, fundraising materials, convention files, audio/video recordings, Braille documents, and miscellany documenting the interests, advocacy, and daily business of the national headquarters of the National Federation of the Blind (NFB), the oldest and largest national membership organization of blind people in the United States. Collection also...
- Names: Jernigan, Kenneth X
- Blind – Education 3
- Blind – Employment 3
- Blind – Rehabilitation 3
- Blindness – Public opinions 2
- Blindness – Social conditions 2
- Older people with visual disabilities 2
- People with disabilities – Civil rights – United States 2
- Right to organize 2
- Sheltered Workshops 2
- Social Advocacy 2
- Social reformers 2
- Blind – Transportation 1
- Blindness 1
- Braille – Standards 1
- Braille – Study and teaching 1
- Direct-mail fund raising 1
- Discrimination against people with disabilities 1
- Free Speech Movement (Berkeley, Calif.) 1
- Legislation – Iowa 1
- Loyalty oaths. 1
- Minimum wage – Law and legislation – United States 1
- Parents of Blind Children 1
- People with disabilities – Legal status, laws, etc. – United States 1
- Public welfare - California. 1
- Public welfare - Iowa 1
- Self-help devices for people with disabilities 1
- Social security income program – Laws and legislation – United States 1
- Social service - California. 1
- Students with disabilities – Education – United States 1
- Supplemental security income program. 1
- U.S. Constitution - Fourteenth Amendment 1
- Vending stands – Law and legislation – United States 1 ∧ less